JOURNEY WITH CHRIST: A CHRISTIAN FICTION EP. 1

 TITLE: MY JOURNEY WITH CHRIST

BOOK AUTHORS: ANTHONY C. & PAUL PAGES

PUBLISHER: Naija Gospel

COVER DESIGN: ANTHONY C.

YEAR: 2021



EPISODE 1

"Ding dong!" The alarm close to my bedside rang, signifying that it's morning already.

I hissed. "It's morning already?" I asked no one in particular.

I slept late last night because I was reading for my SSCE examinations. My parents had always warned me about 'late night reading'. According to them, it affects the human brain. 

"Mirabel! Mirabel!" I heard my mom's voice from the parlor, downstairs.

"Time for morning devotion, I guess!" I said under my breath.

Morning and evening devotions are part of our day to day routine. My mother, which was a Deaconess in our local church, taught me about the importance of praying. In her words, "a prayerful Christian is a powerful child of God".

I quickly got out of bed and rushed downstairs. My parents were already sitted, waiting for me to arrive so that prayers can commence. I greeted them and sat down. As usual, I led in the praise session. After singing, my dad read a verse in the Holy Bible and explained it. The devotion was concluded by my mom, she concluded it with her usual long prayers.

I hurriedly prepared for school to avoid getting to school late. The discipline teacher, Mr. Akande Moses, was always looking for the slightest opportunity to punish a student. SS3 students were mostly his target. In order to escape Mr. Akande's punishment, I always strive to get to school before 7:30am. It didn't take long before I got fully prepared for school. I ran downstairs to join my father that was already waiting for me.

"No breakfast today?" My father asked.

"Breakfast? No! The teens fellowship in church organized a prayer and fasting programme for the youths and teenagers." I answered.

"Okay, Mummy G.O!" He replied sarcastically.

I let out a wide smile and walked to the door. Time wasn't on our side.

"Mummy goodbye!" I waved at my mum and ran outside.

"Goodbye darling!" I heard mum's voice from a distance.

Luckily, I got to school early. Before I came down from the car, my father held my hand and advised me. He told me to be of good behavior and continue to uphold the moral values, he and my mother had instilled in me.

"Don't worry dad, I'll make you proud." I said with a smile on my face.

"Yes, that's my baby girl." He said and then kissed me on my forehead. "Goodbye, baby girl!" He added as I alighted from the car.

"See you later, dad!" I replied.

Students were trooping into the school gate in their numbers. Pertfield High School was known to have a high population of students. 

"Mira!" I heard someone called my name.

My name is Mirabel and the only person that calls me Mira is my friend, Ada. I quickly discovered that it was her that called my name. I turned back to greet her.

"Hey Ada! Good morning, dear." 

"Good morning, Mira!"

"Hope you did the Mathematics assignment that Mr. Ben gave to us?"

"What's this your obsession about assignments sef ? We neva greet finish, you don dey talk about assignment"

I laughed. "Sorry oh! I was just asking. You know Mr. Ben don't joke with his assignments?"

Ada always had this funny way of reacting to issues. Her use of Pidgin English really cracks me up. There's no dull moment with her, she's always got the latest gist. Another reason why I liked her is because of the intense love she has for God, she never joked with anything that concerns God. Her dad is a civil engineer while her mum is a lecture in the University of Lagos, Nigeria. According to Ada, despite their tight schedules they still find time to instill both moral and spiritual values in her. Ada taught me how to study the word of God and meditate properly. I can't stop thanking God for giving me a wonderful friend like her.


Thanks for reading. Stay tuned for more interesting episodes. We've just started.


EPISODE TWO WILL BE READY ON TUESDAY.


Please share and comment. We'll like to hear from you.



WEBSITE: naijagospelinfo.blogspot.com

FOLLOW US:

Facebook: Naija Gospel

Instagram: @naijagospel.info





Comments